Govt. of Kerala
Cochin University of Science and Technology
'Impact of Climate Change on Hydrological Cycle, Ecosystem, Fisheries and Food Security’
February 11 - 14, 2020 Cochin, India
To provide a unique academic and scientific platform to discuss our understanding and research achievements in the field of climate change and its consequences and risks in terms of changing hydrological cycles and perturbations that have taken place in oceans and other aquatic ecosystems
Explore the factors underlying the changes in weather patterns and the consequential risk from deluge and extreme drought conditions
Facilitate the synthesis of information on how climate-related changes will influence oceans, marine and inland ecosystems, hydrological cycles, fisheries and aquaculture, coastal communities and society at large
1. Discussion on the factors underlying crisis such as natural disasters, massive flooding followed by severe drought
2. Links between climate change and drought, extreme heat, precipitation and cyclones
3. Vulnerability to disasters, preparedness and management
1. Role of wetlands in coping with climate change
2. Wetland values and services
3. Carbon trading in wetlands
4. Protection of life and livelihood of coastal communities
Dates To Remember
Earlybird Registration deadline: 30 November 2019
Regular Registration deadline: 15 January 2020
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: 01 December 2019
Last date of communicating acceptance for presentation: 31 December 2019
Last date for Submission of Full Paper: 15 January 2020
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Academicians, scientists, researchers, students, entrepreneurs, administrators, policy makers, fishers, aqua farmers, processors, seafood exporters, NGOs and other interested stakeholders.
APPLY FOR AWARDS
Young Scientist award: Scientist below the age of 35 can contest for young scientist award under various themes of the conference subject to the condition that the papers shall be the outcome of high quality research on original ideas/concepts. Young researchers will also be supported by travel assistance subject to eligibility.